new girls!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new girls!!

well we've extended the run and made sure we have supplies..............
    picking up 3 more ex-batts on saturday, my only worry is how clementine and henrietta will react as they are rather cossetted!(have chosen names - husband wants 'ophelia'- son wants 'chloe' -('cos she's gorgeous'?)and i'm plumping for 'winnie'-after my grandma.!

A friend has knitted three rather fetching jumpers if needed especially if this snow keeps up.

Any words of wisdom from anyone with regards to getting them settled would be appreciated, especially as we're both back at work on the monday,so will really only have the sunday to keep on eye on them?

Thanks

Mrs W

i've introduced new girls twice now, the ex-batts i put in the run with my 2 existing girls but kept them seperated with a mesh divider so they could see each other but not touch, then at bedtime they all went in together & except for a bit of pushing & shoving the next day they quickl;y settled down, when I adopted Lyndas 3 girls I mine were all out in the garden & i put the 3 in the run so again they could see each other there was a biit more noise & squabbling but generally they werent too bad, on the sunday I spent the day in the garden with them all and they soon established the pecking order & I went to work on the monday with no real problems, hope it all works out ok for you dont forget the pics
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Ive gone and done it too; 3 more arriving on the 13th, ex batts - apparently more available if anyone is interested (Cornwall Area)

No names as yet, this time I will wait to name them when I see them! and no more foody names, doesnt seem to bode well for the future!

So should I put them all into the coop at night and let them go sunday? last time I seperated them and it seemed to kick off a them and us between the ex batts and the hybrids

Comment

have had call from co-ordinator, won't be fetching new girls till late saturday afternoon, so i'm going for the put them all in the coop together option and see how we get on sunday - run's now big enough to seperate them if we have too many squabbles. Fingers crossed they behave - have had a quiet chat with henrietta and clementine so they had better behave!!!!
        Will keep you posted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X