Dumb and dumber

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb and dumber

WHENEVER I GIVE THE CHOOKS SOME CHOPPED UP GREENS/RICE/PEELINGS,THERE IS ALWAYS ONE WHO UPSETS EVERYTHING..GLORIA..I PUT THE FOOD IN A 9 INCH TRAY(SUPPOSED TO BE TO STAND PLANTPOTS IN) AND I PUT IT ON LEVEL GROUND,ON A SLAB,THEY ALL DIVE IN,BUT SHE WILL INSIST ON STANDING ON THE LIP AND OVERBALANCING IT,USUALLY THATS IT, AND THEY SETTLE DOWN,BUT TODAY SHE DID IT 3 TIMES,EACH TIME BASHING HER BEAK,IT MAKES THE REST SCATTER AND THE FOOD GOES EVERYWHERE,ON THE GOOD SIDE THEY THEN SPEND ABOUT AN HOUR MAKING SURE THEY MISS NOTHING,THE ONLY THING MISSING IS THEIR BRAINS

Know just what you mean. I spend ages washing the dishes only for the girls to scatter the food on the dirty floor. Well I guess no-one washes the worms for them so they don't mind a bit of dirt.

Comment

Im trying to find concrete dog bowls
      With mine its usually the RIR who simply HAVE to helicopter up from underneath as I'm carrying food in, and either knock it flying, or land right in it...and knock it flying.
      Or Sid the gander who waits till everyone is eating nicely and walks straight through the middle of everything with his bloomin great big flat feet
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
        Im trying to find concrete dog bowls
        With mine its usually the RIR who simply HAVE to helicopter up from underneath as I'm carrying food in, and either knock it flying, or land right in it...and knock it flying.
        Or Sid the gander who waits till everyone is eating nicely and walks straight through the middle of everything with his bloomin great big flat feet
        sounds like my OH

Comment

Mine do that, I put the pellets in their feeder but there is always one who just has to be on the other side to eat. Walks over the feeder, tipping it and spilling grub everywhere.
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

If I feed anything other than greens (chucked in) pellets (in feeder) or corn/grit (scattered) I put it in a heavy pet bowl. It has a metal weight in it and a wide outside so it doesn't overbalance. Have a look around your local pet shop - I think this cost a pricely £3 and is well worth it.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

One day I'm going to accidentally step on one of mine (pingu)...she's always jumping up at whatever I'm carrying. She's last in at night and when I go to lock up, she rushes out..(in case I have more food) ...and is a right pain to get back in- often encouraging the others out
              And yes- of course she's the one who doesn't like being picked up!!!!

I didn't want to throw out my kiddies baby bath when we cleared the house, so I brought it here for an extra water source for the chooks. Yup- one of them sits on the rim facing out and plops into the water
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I recently bought two large thick foil roasting trays, as the earthenware dog bowls I was using are no longer big enough. I filled them full of veg peelings and assorted goodies and took them in. One was inside the other as they are fairly flexible.

No sooner had I put them down, one of the Marans jumped on the lip and tipped it over. She then leapt up and onto the bottom of the now upturned tray and squashed it in. The others went barmy as the food was buried under the upturned tray.

Stooopid!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I do have to agree with you, but I reckon they make out they dont have any brains, I reckon they are cleverier (if thats a word!) than we give them credit for.

Mine can out smart the springer spaniel, they come quicker when called, but I do wish they cleaned up the layers mash after a meal!

Comment

well flummery,i tried a good sized metal bowl but she still stood on the rim,with the same effect,only she would stagger round like a drunk boxer for a few minutes,at least using plastic she recovers quicker...but if our birds keep increasing ,i think a belfast sink will cure the problem...lets see her knock that over...= terminator chook...

Comment

Marigold, one of my new girls likes to fly up onto the table where I mix their morning mash, as Im mixing it up. Depending on who gets there first, one of the girls will always try and step into their feeding bowl as I put it down. Im using those empty big mushroom trays you get from the supermarket. They do work OK, as long as no one puts their feet into it!
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X