Result on caged hens: Thanks you

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result on caged hens: Thanks you

Great news: Yesterday the EU Council of Agriculture Ministers rejected Poland's attempt to delay the Europe-wide ban on barren battery cages. As a result, the ban is still due to come into force as planned in 2012.

Thank you to the 10,214 dedicated Compassion supporters across Europe who lobbied on our behalf by sending emails, post cards and letters - once again, you have shown that we can get things done for farm animals when speaking with a united voice. This latest campaign also reiterates the need to be vigilant about the threats that remain, even when victories such as the forthcoming battery cage ban have been gained. Whatever the challenge, Compassion will continue to take decisive action until the battery cage ban is fully implemented across Europe.

it does make me think that the european commission may have its uses,it seems they listen to common sense,i dont suppose we could import them to show our lot how to listen to peoples cares,whether its brown/cameron or the libdems,they all think they know best...we had that with madam maggie and look at the results,where i am,they have never really recovered.....

Comment

Good news for chooks!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

It's fantastic news for chooks Here's hoping that imports from further afield work out more expensive than EU eggs after 2012 so there'll be no call for battery eggs from anywhere
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I think the hard work has just began in the education of people in buying free range and supporting british farmers rather than cheap caged hens from non eu countries

Comment

Thank God... and thank all of those that emailed via compassion in farming website, we actually did help make a difference guys... phew
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X