a big softie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a big softie

well, ive been and gone and done it,went to new place to get more pellets and we found the extra girls we were looking for.we got 2 rhoderocks and they are literally just coming into laying.following advice from this site,i put the home birds around the back for a while and put the newbies into the pen,as it started snowing really heavy,i heated some rice(one of their favourites)and walked them in following the rice as they always do.i expected lots of squawking,but no big reaction,a few pecks,a few moans,then just carried on as if the newbies werent there.the new girls(now named sally and mandy,ive just been told) dont seem bothered at all,they are getting the odd peck but largely seem unworried.when we had the bluebelles,there was absolute havoc for weeks on end before there was any peace.they are now all sitting under the coop having little moans at each other,but no pistols at dawn...as yet..fingers crossed,i cant believe it.
    Last edited by BUFFS; 24-02-2010, 04:50 PM.

Yay - another Chook-addict! Well done you. We will be requiring pictures of them all too!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

i dont actually know how to put photos on to the site,im still a beginner at all this and will have to lok it up.. we got our pellets while we were there and they were over a £ cheaper for the same thing,all in all,a very good day...
      Last edited by BUFFS; 24-02-2010, 05:01 PM. Reason: additions

Comment

Good news buffs. I've sent you a PM that should hopefully make sense as how to put photos on the Vine.
        Best wishes
        Bernie
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X