Voice change????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice change????

My dominant male (Au Vin) is nearly 2 years old and in the last few weeks his crow seems to be sounding metallic.
    The other male's sounds the same and he is the same age.
    I could always tell them apart because they were slightly different, but Au Vin now sounds like his voice is computer generated!!!!

Does their crow usually change at this age- or is it a sign that something is going wrong- which I should be aware of????

Nothing has gone wrong for a while ( touch wood)- so I'm hoping my turn isn't coming round again!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Some of mine do "develop" their crows as they get older, and I don't mean just going from a juvenile rasp to a proper crow, but they do seem almost to try to outcrow each other sometimes, seeing who can hang on the longest. My big Light Sussex sounds more like the Hound of the Baskervilles than a chicken, and he has a rival in a neighbouring enclosure who always seems to try and copy him!

However, yours may be getting a cold or respiratory infection, so just keep an eye (or ear) on him. Go and pick him up at night when all is quiet and have a listen to his breathing and see if you can hear any wheezes or gurgles.

Comment

thanks-will do!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X