No announcement yet.

egg eating

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this problem but broke it by collecting eggs every half hour, today His Lordship is at the Mac (yes G4 with another celeb tart from the telly) and when I went shopping I had three eggs eaten, I know I'll be ok because I'll be on mega watch for the next few days and that does seem to break the cycle.
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

My lot will eat softies but the good eggs remain untouched, thank goodness. I am home all day though so do collect the eggs regularly. Not sure I could cull any of my girls if they did turn out to be egg eaters anyway. Has anyone ever had success with mustard eggs? My lot ate my onions, garlic and chillies in the garden so I would imagine they would like mustard too.

Good luck with the roll away nest boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by frias View Post
        My lot will eat softies but the good eggs remain untouched, thank goodness. I am home all day though so do collect the eggs regularly. Not sure I could cull any of my girls if they did turn out to be egg eaters anyway. Has anyone ever had success with mustard eggs? My lot ate my onions, garlic and chillies in the garden so I would imagine they would like mustard too.

Good luck with the roll away nest boxes.
        I tried mustard and it didn't work but my brother gave me a present for Christmas several years ago - INSANITY SAUCE -made from chillies and super hot, it worked a treat!

Comment

poor little blighters!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I tried mustard and it didn't work but my brother gave me a present for Christmas several years ago - INSANITY SAUCE -made from chillies and super hot, it worked a treat!
            I saw that at the supermarket yesterday. Considered buying it for son as he loves hot sauces - but it was madly dear for a small bottle, I thought.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

You only use a very small amount - its worth it!

Comment

I also used a very hot chili sauce when I had an egg-eater and it worked a treat! It also stopped a whippet pup chewing the garage door.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X