5 days and counting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 days and counting

Cant wait, 3 more ex batts are joining us on Saturday from the Cornwall BHWT. I may up it to 4 LOL

I've been busy white glossing the insides of the old coop, to give it a fresh clean feel for the newbies.

The run floor of the integrated run/coop is a bit used, so I'm planning on elephant grass on the floor.

Has anyone any ingenius ideas on how to get them in and out of the ark. I have a ladder, but just being out of the cages I'm having a solid one put on top for the short term. The other plan was to stack some turf next to the ladder so they can jump up smaller turf steps?? or am I just being soft

Knowing nothing really about exbatts, I like the idea of the turf steps!
    I too would be concerned about weak leg muscles and soft bones!

Little do they know how lucky they are !!!

( I'm getting excited for you now!!!!)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

no-one told of of addiction, only hard work when I got the chucks....I got the hard work alright, but this addiction is something else

Comment

Can't help with your question but my hat goes off to anyone taking ex-batts

Good Luck

Danny
        Cheers

Danny

Comment

I'm so excited, I should run a book on how long it takes them to pop an egg out in their new home and give all the proceeds to the BHWT

a sort of sponsored egg national

Comment

I went for 3 ex-batts and came home with 6 so if there's extra needing a home you'll probably come home with more. I also had 5 eggs laid in the run the next day although they soon got the idea of the nest box. I found a ramp easier for them than a ladder and some needing putting to bed but all knew where to sleep within a week. Good luck.

Comment

Don't talk to me about ex-Batts - I also have the addiction! If it wasn't for the Defra 50 rule I'd have more!

I've rescued three batches now, and have found leg strength to be exceptionally good in all the Hens.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X