Another tricky 21 days over....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ye gods Maureen, are you trying to set a record for slowest hatching

What with Nicos A&D me and now you black and white is definately the in colour for babies this year.

Come on Di, more picis please. Did you see the updated ones I added to Festhers a daddy? Most of them had a cuckoo maran mummy I think. The welsummer thats in (dont ask, she fell in love with Festher and I couldn't keep her out, lol) there lays nearly the same colour eggs so its hard to tell.
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
      Ye gods Maureen, are you trying to set a record for slowest hatching

I think so I helped one to hatch last night and although it's alive and cheeping and scrabbling around it doesn't seem to want to stand up. Yet another one has pipped too and there's definitely movement inside the shell. Although I'm really tempted to help this one too, if there's going to be a problem with the chicks that hatch this late (a week overdue!) then I think really I should let Mother Nature take over. A case of head over heart I think
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
        Just a little bit of a hi-jack on this thread (sorry Di) but the broody hen I borrowed from Shellingtons has been sitting on some eggs for 25 days now and guess what yesterday 1 pipped and was cheeping like crazy. Unfortunately it didn't hatch and I found it dead in the shell this morning But ............................... another one had pipped and tonight I've seen a lovely fluffy little chick under Mummy Day 25 for goodness sake! There seems to have been a few late hatches recently, does anyone think the weather has anything to do with it?
        Hello,
        I had two banties sitting and th eggs hatched days 22-24. I'm inexperienced but from what I have read it may have been the cold weather. Modern games don't have anything in the way of fluffy pantaloons to warm up the eggs much!
        Congrats!
        Jess

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X