Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chickens suddenly stopped laying!Flubenvet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chickens suddenly stopped laying!Flubenvet?

Wierd. All my chickens have stopped laying. The only change in their regime is that they are on a course of flubenvet right now? Has anyone else experienced their hens stopping laying whilst being wormed?

Nope-....how strange!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

No. One of mine hasn't laid for a fortnight - she's just coming out of broodiness. You don't reckon they'e all racked by hormones do you?
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Nope! Well, not yet, anyway. Could be the start of the moult, but seems a bit weird. Is there a possibility they're laying and the eggs are being stolen? I have a Roland, who helps himself if I'm not vigilant in my collecting.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I got three "pre-loved" Warrens(not ex-batt) a week ago and have wormed them. They didn't lay for a few days(as expected) then laid for a couple of days and over the last 48 hours I've had 3 with really thin shells, 2 of which had no yolk either. I wondered if this was the Flubenvet - they had cod liver oil in feed to stick the powsder to the pellets.
          If they carry on I'll give some limestone flour as well to try and get them strong again.

Comment

I haven't noticed that with Flubenvet. None of mine are laying at the mo. I'm assuming its either the moult or getting over thei broodiness! The of course the little monkeys could be laying out in my jungle of a garden!

Comment

Doesn't happen to mine either. They carry on regardless. I have a few now who are slowing up and a couple have stopped for moulting, but luckily so far even my oldies are still pumping them out. I expect the rest of my Welsummers to stop in September (they are fair weather layers) and then the others will probably drop off after that. Luckily my bantams limp on through the darkest days so there's always an egg or two. I'm hoping my three buff orpingtons who are now POL (yes Sue in the end they all turned out to be girls) will start up before the days get too short, but we shall see.

I guess it's just coincidence with yours Petal. The hormones are getting the better of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
                I'm hoping my three buff orpingtons who are now POL (yes Sue in the end they all turned out to be girls) will start up before the days get too short, but we shall see.

I guess it's just coincidence with yours Petal. The hormones are getting the better of them.
                How lucky are you! I swapped one of my boys for a girl and bought another in - both are now HUGE and obviously LF and I'm not sure one isn't a boy! My only hatched girl is laying!
                Last edited by Suechooks; 22-08-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

i know the answer - RED MITE!

Comment

It's been perfect weather for red mite. I even found a small colony in one of our "new" houses - siliconed to the hilt. It had managed to make a hidey hole in the small join where the perching poles are screwed to the cross bar (all removable so looked at twice a week when I muck out) and it had appeared between one muck out and the next.

Comment

I hate redmite, I am going out to buy a whopping tin of 'creocote' to paint inside the houses and some woodfilla for the cracks. that will mean a whole day wiped out blitzing the hen houses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X