Advice on Friendly Hens please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hens in question

Hello everyone I am new to GYO and looking for advice on keeping hens for the first time. Advice on breeds and types of hen house would be appreciated.

Comment

Hello Tinytina and welcome to the Vine. Can't help you with your question but I'm sure there are others who will be able to.
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hello and Welcome

I am sure that scolling back through here will help but there are often articles in GYO mag for beginners, In fact I think Oct issue has one

If not a good simple book might help..Perhaps 'Keeping pet chickens' by Johannes Paul. Published by Interpet ISBN 1-84286-103-4

Comment

We've just hatched 5 orps and they are lovely very friendly already.
          We purchased as eggs and hatched over the summer hols, good lesson for our 13yr old and fasinating to watch the process from egg to chick and now growing up.Their palace awaits!!
          Go for it.

Comment

Thought I'd plug the battery hen welfare trust to everyone. I can't have chickens at the moment but as soon as it's possible I'll be giving them a call. They do some fantastic work and I'd love to think that if I got chickens they'd be given a second chance. They are also probably be a really good source of advice for a newbie

www.thehenshouse.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X