Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tylan - single dosage for a poorly chicken

HI there

I need to treat a single chicken with tylan, however I dont want to seperate her as she still has her position in the flock.

Is there a way to dilute enough to feed her via a syringe? although she is eating and drinking I'm not sure how much she is taking

the vet can give an injection of tylan (i think its actually 2 given 48 hours apart. )
    the other thing is egg withdrawal if she's laying. i doubt you could give enough in one dose as its very dilute and they recommend 72 hours treatment if i remember rightly? Could you keep her in a run within a run during the day and just let her drink the tylan?

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
      the vet can give an injection of tylan (i think its actually 2 given 48 hours apart. )
      the other thing is egg withdrawal if she's laying. i doubt you could give enough in one dose as its very dilute and they recommend 72 hours treatment if i remember rightly? Could you keep her in a run within a run during the day and just let her drink the tylan?
      I could but I didnt like to think of her on her own {soft} I was hoping to perhaps give her a small amount each day, my vet will see her, but I cant get to him (no transport & crutches! at the moment), and so they told me to use the tylan instead as it will work the same

Comment

Was thinking of her being next to the others inside their run so she wasn't really alone just not able to drink the others water? ( I have an old puppy pen I use if I need to separate them.) Then she can go in with the others each night night?

Comment

What is wrong with the hen, can I help with any advice regarding husbandry, vets can treat but do not necessarily delve that little bit deeper to find the cause?

Comment

I can't help feeling that if she is poorly enough to warrant antibiotics then you should be separating her from the others to minimise cross infection. Then as others have suggested you can give her the Tylan for three days in her water as normal.

Comment

I wouldn't mind about isolating her tbh. A poorly chook is the chook that ends up being bullied.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X