I'm so proud of my girls!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so proud of my girls!

Earlier in the year I hatched some eggs. The Dad was and is a purebread Light Sussex. The Mums were a bunch of ISA Browns in his flock.
    Seven hatched, five of which were girls. The two boys are now big strapping birds just like there Dad. Their Dad always had a dodgy 'crow' and they seem to have inherited this strained cock-a-doodle-do.

Its the five big girls (all white) which I am proudest of though as today I got five lurvvvely large brown eggs from them! This, at a time when the rest of my flock are going off lay a bit was a welcome surprize.

Remains to be seen whether they keep laying through the winter or not.......hope so!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Well done those girls! I would be great if they carried over winter and kept you in eggs.

Lovely surprise...

Comment

That's lovely news!!....good gals!

(I've got my fingers, nose and teeth crossed my 28 wk Marans will lay soon and not decide to wait until Spring!!!)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Congratulations Unca Snadge.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

What a happy story, they sound lovely!

Comment

If they've just started laying I'd think there's a good chance you'll get eggs all winter. Well done (the chickens, that is!)
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X