Mounting question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris, you're going to get a reputation as a Chicky Fiddler
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Awww bless...all he wants is his first egg!!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Chris, you're going to get a reputation as a Chicky Fiddler
        I love this description Hope she gives you some nice eggs soon though, it certainly does sound as if she's about ready
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Have you thought of putting a golfball or false egg where you'd like her to lay????...might focus her a little on the job in hand!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

When you need to handle them do it at night when they are sleepy. That way neither hen nor human gets stressed over the experience. Just pick them off the roost gently and do what you need to do, be it powdering for lice, checking weight, injuries etc. You should always handle your birds regularly in order to do any the above and it does help them get used to you. I give mine a kiss too!

Comment

I've notice my light sussex doesn't mind being handled as above RH - the others don't seem to mind - and run up to me if they see me - I quite like that

Felt her this morning - can definitely get three fingers between the two bones! Ugly magpie is next inline, and the light sussex is yonks behind!

TS - I like it :P

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
                When you need to handle them do it at night when they are sleepy.... I give mine a kiss too!
                That's really good advice.

I'm only a vicarious chicken lover, but I do love birds so I keep an eye on this forum (I'm not allowed any more pets at the mo, but we'll see).
                The Grey is really funny when she's asleep, kind of 'lights on but there's nobody home'. You could do anything to her
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 23-10-2010, 11:53 AM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X