poultry spice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poultry spice

Thanks to lovely Nicos I now have some poultry spice!I will mix it into the feed but how many days do I add it to feed for?
    Last edited by mr darcy; 26-11-2010, 01:53 PM.

Wow..that was quick!!!

I put a teaspoon in porridge everyday ( with garlic powder and crushed eggshell) throughout the winter for my 12 guys n gals.
    So I suppose a pinch per day until she's recovered.

It's not a medicine so it doesn't need to be specific.

It'll be interesting to see how other people give it to their birds.

Directions for use says
    'One teaspoon to be given in the usual wet or dry mash for every 10 fowls.
    In cold weather a little more powder may be given.
    Specially recommended for improving all round condition and performance.
    Acts as a nutritional supplement to help the birds get quickly over the moult.'

This is the stuff..

Poultry Spice Mineral Supplement for Chickens 450gm by Battle, Hayward and Bower | Pets at Home

I paid the same price a couple of years ago for 1.5kg from a Farm Supplies shop...that'd be far too much for a lot of peeps - although it does keep for 5 years.

Might be a good idea to put it on your UK shopping list for when you're next over???

How is Cleo doing???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I give my 3 girls roughly a teaspoon a week mixed into their feed bowl, I think it acts kinda like a tonic or pick me up remedy, and make me feel like I am giving them something good too. Hope it works for your chookers too.

Comment

Hi

I also feed mine poultry spice too but only two or three times a week on the vets advice who said too much calcium can also be a bad thing.

I generally give them it in hot mash, 1 teaspoon for my 10 chooks. I do feed it over a few days when one of them is unwell though as it really seems to help. Love the smell too, very fragrant.

Polo

Comment

have given for the last two days, one teaspoon in their corn/pellet mix between seven birds, making sure cleo gets a good do!
          don't know if it's my imagination but the chooks seem to go nuts for it and polish it off in minutes
          today was the first day cleo came out with the other hens in the morning, not ten mins later as she has been doing since her misfortune,her confidence seems to be coming back bit by bit although she won't go far from the run, she used be the one who travelled furthest foraging, she still limping but seems more comfortable,just hoping that eventually gets over the shock of being almost eaten
          tomorrow will catch her and have a good look at the wounds to see if the scab is coming loose and if everything is clean
          Big Thankyou again for all the support here

Comment

mine get a teaspoon every day in their porridge (9 ladies) like Nicos I get mine from horsey feed place & paid a little over a fiver for 1.5kg
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X