electric fencing and snow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric fencing and snow

We woke up to nearly a foot of snow this morning.
    The electric fence was sagging under the weight of snow.
    What do other peeps do- we shook the mesh to reduce the weight, but the lower live wires are under the snow...do peeps dig it out/switch it off in these situations???
    OH flatly refused to see if it was still live enough to zap him....what a wimp!!
    We have 100m of the stuff( fencing- not depth of snow!)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

all i can say is that my electric fence didn't work after the snowfall last year- it totally knackered it.

Comment

.......Ah

Comment

If it's a battery one, the battery will probably be flat after a while in the snow, if the wirse got too stretched while weighted down, that won't do it any good. I wouldn't expect the actual unit to be harmed by cold, but you never know........
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Ditto, Nicos. I've left it on, though. We will put a fully charged battery on it tomorrow, before we go away, but I've left it buried. I did last year.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Mine is still giving out 2000v+ even in snow and -11 temperatures. Battery was fully charged about 10 days ago before latest snowfall. I'll do it again later in the week even though it usually lasts a month - 6 weeks.

Comment

forgot to say that mine is mains....so clearly no battery worries then.

Comment

hilary b ; that is what happened to mine, but i think the weight of the snow not only stretched the wires, but also allowed the wet to get into the workings, as i couldn't get to it for ten days. ( others fed for me) .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X