Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build your own poultry house

Hi
    Has anybody used build your own poultry house plans from broad leys publishing
    got it last week for £3.00 but confusing just wondered if anyone else found this or is it just me
    thanks
    Jane
    Last edited by tigress60; 09-01-2011, 10:40 AM.

I haven't but I've had a go at building a couple of coops - perhaps if you can show a picture of the part of the plan that you're stuck with we might be able to help you? A few people here not only offer their plans, but also build their own coops.

Comment

I've done a few using Bramble Poultry's housing plans in the Sticky. Have seen the plans you mean I think but found the others easier. I'm no DIYer btw but was ableto follow those plans and make "affordable housing" for my chooks!

Comment

SOme chicken coops can be really expensive so i like to build my own where i can

Comment

we are most happy to provide the plans (as shown in the sticky) in a larger PDF size. However, we have been commissioned by a publisher to produce a 112 page book on poultry house designs and builds (due out at the Smallholder Show at Builth Wells this year) so until these plans for the book have been selected by the publisher we can not release anything different to you see in the sticky as we could infringe copyright!

however, we are more than happy to help you and advise where possible should you have any queries about the builds you are undertaking yourself.
          My Blog
          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

best poultry house I have is a converted shed. its warm and a doddle to clean out. Roosting poles remove, cardboard boxes for nests(can be burnt if red mite appears)...the cleaning out thing is really important as low houses do your back in.If you are old like me........

Comment

A converted shed sounds great Petal. I have noticed how warm my tool shed is compared to my plywood coop. It would be much easier to clean out too...perhaps too big for banties in the winter tho'??

Comment

Mine are being moved from a converted bike shed to a plywood coop - it's smaller, but at least it'll be warmer. Looking forward to getting rid of the shed as it's falling to bits.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X