Chicken poo - what's normal?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken poo - what's normal?

I found this link some time ago showing what's normal and what ain't. It's quite useful as a handy guide - only for those with strong stomach's though! Don't know if I'm allowed to post links but am sure mods will see me right.

best wishes,
    JM

4. Poo - The Chicken Keeper's Guide - The Poultry Pages - Allotment and Vegetable Gardening
    Last edited by jessmorris; 13-01-2011, 05:23 PM.

Blimey, if I had seen some like those last three of the top lot I'd have been concerned. Thanks for posting that.

Recently, I thought I saw an egg in the garden - but went over to it and it was a huge dollop. As the eggs are getting larger, so are their poos!

Comment

You wait till you see a broody hen's poo .............. a labrador would be proud ........ and they STINK!

They hold it in all the time they are on the nest and "evacuate" when they get off to feed and drink, normally once a day. So, as you can imagine, there is quite a load in there, all saved up.

Comment

Nice :/ I did wonder about that actually (if they pooed in their nestboxes when say in there all day).

Comment

...and they're a funny fibrous kind of texture too - very big and smelly!!

Comment

Originally posted by jessmorris View Post
            ...and they're a funny fibrous kind of texture too - very big and smelly!!
            Thank you for sharing that with us!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
              You wait till you see a broody hen's poo .............. a labrador would be proud ........ and they STINK!

They hold it in all the time they are on the nest and "evacuate" when they get off to feed and drink, normally once a day. So, as you can imagine, there is quite a load in there, all saved up.
              about the size of a lemon,nearly mistyped melon....that would be big

Comment

Well, yesterday I was out cleaning the coop and my light sussex wandered up to me and did a squirt of a poo right by my feet. Gross - but anyway, from the link I remembered that, that could be a way they cool down - thought that's odd as it's so cool here still. Came in to see what else it was, and lack of food. Hmm -went back to the feeder, empty. I couldn't believe it. I checked it the day before yesterday, but they're really going through it fast! Gave me the chance to wash it anyway..

Checked their crops before I filled it back up once dried and clean and they were full but when I put the pellets back in they went mad! Bizzare things.. greedy.

Edit: so yeah, thanks for the link
                Last edited by chris; 16-01-2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X