What a day!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day!!!!!

So we took delivery of our coop today. It's home made and VERY solid!
    It must weigh about 20 stone or more!
    When the man dropped it off we realised that it wouldn't fit through our 7 foot high garden gate. My husband set to work removing the roof and after about half an hour of swearing and cursing me for not having measured to check it would fit, he managed to get it of. All the hammering drew our neighbour out who helped OH and my dad to carry it down the garden, it then took another hour to put the roof back on.
    As a result of all this extra work we didn't complete the run so don't have our chickens feel very sad that we won't meet them now for 2 weeks as we're too busy now to finish it off, but I'd rather we had a safe run for them than have a fox get in.
    Www.chicorychildrenandchickens.wordpress.com

Pity about the chooks...but there's no going back now!!

At least you can go and admire your lovely coop for now!
    What chooks are you planning on getting??
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Suprising how much coops weight eh? Shop bought ones, are very light and flimsy in comparison! I did the same thing with a run I made.. thought why am I making it 0.6m high? I'll for for 0.9m same as the mesh to save cutting it. doh - wouldn't fit through the fench or around the other way. Had to lift it over - and man that was a job and a half.

Comment

Ah that's a shame but it will be lovely to get it all sorted and safe for your girls.
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

My son has enjoyed playing in the coop, he'll be a bit cross when the hens move in!
          We're getting some ex commercial free-rangers which I know very little about! We've wanted them for ages and were told on Thursday that 100 needed saving from slaughter the following day, hence our rush! A lady is keeping them for us until we're ready, I'm like a child at Christmas though and finding waiting quite a distraction from all the other, far more important things I should be thinking about... Oh dear!
          Www.chicorychildrenandchickens.wordpress.com

Comment

They are very rewarding little things to have - you won't regret it! Looking forward to the piccies!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X