Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incubating silkie bantams - how many days?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incubating silkie bantams - how many days?

Hello Grapes,
    I have three silkie bantam eggs for my incubator , I wondered if anyone has hatched this breed who can advise on how many days to set the incubator for, so the humidity and turning is right? Some of my banties under broodies have been early, and some quite late - any ideas? I don't know how crucial it is.
    They are due to go in tomorrow night so any advice gratefully received!
    cheers for now,
    JM

I just found the 'American Silkie bantam webiste' and they said 21 days so I guess that's it!
    Cheers for now,
    JM

Comment

I did some silkies last year. I treated them as 21 day hatch and thats when they arrived!

Comment

All chickens are 21 days, bantam or LF, although you can get them arriving early or late. Some people say bantams come early but I have had them early, on time and late, and the same with LF, so I think it is ultimately down to strength/health of chick and how they are incubated.

Comment

also, are silkies not classified as large fowl?

Comment

..urm, mum and dad are quite small birdies, not like the huge ones I've sen at shows, so I'd say they were bantams.....

Thanks for all advice P and RH, will forge ahead tonight (how exciting!)

Comment

My adult Silkies are only small but I'm sure theyre just Silkies! My chick is looking bigger than the adults!

Comment

You can get bantam and LF versions of silkies, although the LF are not big - about the size of a cream legbar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X