No announcement yet.

Chicken Planter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's absolutely fantastic!!!!...I'm REALLY impressed!

(...just a thought..... for the 'Extra super-dooper de-luxe version'....have you thought about a detachable shade for the roof for the summer....and a waterproof roof cover for the winter????? )

Your gals are very , very lucky lasses!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Looks great Glad you finally got there! Have you had any eggs yet?

Comment

Strange you should mention it Nicos, I have a sunshade for the girls which is removable. I've thought long and hard about a rain cover, so I built the coop roof with the frame on the outside so that I could attach some polycarb sheeting if I think it warrants it. It was a real fiddle to do it this way but it leaves me with the option at a later time.

I was going to build them a ladder to get in and out but they seem quite happy without it.

Chris I've yet to have any eggs the cotswold and the white star aren't ready yet, and I think the bluebell who is, is busy bullying the others into submission prior to providing us with some lovely parcels.

I'm already thinking about a minor amendment to the coop and that is making a smaller access hatch in the side door so I can get at the eggs without letting the hens out. They are already eyeing up their escape route on my forays to have a look in the house.

I hope they all settle down so that I can let them out to have a wander around the garden, but I won't be doing that for another week or so yet, or at least until they are happy to be picked up.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Wow thats lovely but now is the time for interior design! All that space for perches at different levels, 2 years on and as the weekend approaches I normally announce "I've had a brilliant idea" and then watch as my lovely OH braces himself for more work.
          As for getting them back in mine only get treats when I want them back in the run and I never have any trouble, a few meal worms and they're putty in your hands.

Comment

I built mine a ladder, and they don't really use it - despite having a wing clipped they still jump/fly up to the coop. I really wanted a bluebell, I think they look really nice. Prob rescue some next time, but at some point in the future I'll get one..

Mine got out of the old run I had on the first day, but probably due to shock didn't mind me picking them up - one sat on my lap (jumped on it) when I was messing around with the coop door. Funny things.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X