Got them! Got them!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got them! Got them!

Finally! We finally got the hens for Hazel (officially you understand) yesterday afternoon.

A beautiful Maran cross now named Marie and a Boven Nera called Blackie!

Thanks to everyone who gave me so much advice, we do intend to get a third bird, an araucana cross, but I have to finish building the larger hen house first - so it will take a while! And the fact that Home Farm Fowls are only just starting to breed their two araucanas, so they are still at the egg stage!

Terry (and an eggstatic Hazel)
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Yay! Congratulations on your new additions!

Bet Hazel is pleased!

Comment

Never see her get up so quickly!

Comment

Photos!

His nibs has gone to work - I've got the big computer to play with!

Photos of the girls, On the left Marie, on the right Blackie.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice chicklets!

Comment

Tpeers
            I love Marie, is she from the place you recommended? oh must get in touch right away!
            best wishes
            Sue

Comment

Congratulations on your new acquisitions, you'll find them a great source of entertainment.

Add that to the fact that they are very therapeutic, you'll know what I mean once you've had them for a while and you know the various clucking noises they make and what they mean.

To say nothing of the eggs - yummy
              Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

A pair of beauties I would say. Enjoy.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks all!

Sue, yes they do come from Home Farm Fowls. It's just as well I sent Hazel with Richard, rather than going myself - who knows how many we would have come home with! (All those cute chicks...... ).

Question for everyone.

I have seen requests for plans to build a hen house - I am designing my own to suit our needs and garden - should I photo document and post progress?

I can easily write design requirements and so on as a retospective on each days work.

Do you think it would be of interest?

Cheers, must go and chat to the 'girls'.

Terry

Comment

people are always asking for plans TP so yes do post then people can serch for them.
                    the girls look lovley, have you had your first omlete yet?
                    good luck.
                    Yo an' Bob
                    Walk lightly on the earth
                    take only what you need
                    give all you can
                    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Not yet, we were told that the girls were about a week off laying, so possibly this weekend. I'll let you know!

Comment

Terry
                        I'm most grateful for your recommendation, the company I had contacted hasn't even bother to answer my email so their loss. Spoke to Colin (what a helpful chap!) and I have booked three Marans with D day or C day on April 17th. He's very kindly delivering them for me as I can't drive and didn't want to take them on the train.
                        I will have Marie's sister (only one left) and two other Marans.
                        Isn't this Vine something, didn't know where to go, ask a question and all problems solved!
                        Hope your two are settling in well and Hazel continues to be transfixed.
                        best wishes
                        Sue

Comment

Fantastic! Marie has a lovely character, very friendly, and copes with young Pippa very well!

It will be nice to know where her sister is - we'll have to meet sometime and compare notes after your three are in and settled.

Regards

Terry

Comment

Now starting ancestral geneology of chooks on the Vine!
                            ~
                            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Terry
                              Anytime you're in Tunbridge Wells, would love to compare notes.
                              Wish I had a digital camera so could post pictures too!
                              best wishes
                              Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X