• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cock loft - my mother always referred to the house loft as this

Comment

Like a hen with one chick
      Feeling clucky (broody)
      A real bantam cockerel(an aggresive man of small stature)
      Top of the dung heap (the boss)

Comment

My Ma-in-law uses the expression 'Little birds in their nests agree' - especially when our kids were little and usually arguing. She didn't know about chickens who will fight at the drop of a feather!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

In the Chicken and egg situation the egg has to come first. I thought that was a given?

Two alternative birds breed a hybrid which hatches out of an egg. Voila Chicken.

There is a comedian I can't remember his name that tells a story of what it was like on the ark with Noah, where a poor lowly chicken was abused and passed around the other animals thus creating a diverse range of animals, for example a cross between a chicken and a giraffe gets you an ostrich!!. This ultimately is why everything tastes like chicken.
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

shes had her feathers ruffled, They had their tail feathers singed

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
              My Ma-in-law uses the expression 'Little birds in their nests agree' - especially when our kids were little and usually arguing. She didn't know about chickens who will fight at the drop of a feather!
              Like cuckoos?

Comment

Coming home to roost
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Don't put all your eggs in one basket!
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X