Half done

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half done

our bluebelle started to moult some months ago,she got half way through and stopped,so now she looks awful with her straggly feathers and shows no sign of finishing her moult ,has anyone come across this?,or any ideas what causes it or a solution?,she seems fine in herself,eating ,laying,running round with the rest of the lunatics,just looks like a tramp on a bad day.......

My bluebelle moulted really badly and it went on for months. She completely changed character and went to the bottom of the pecking order, lost weight and generally looked on her last legs for months. She did recove and became the hateful bid she always had been, chasing the others off the nest (even though she had already laid) and generally making everyone's life a misery - so I rehomed her with another established flock and she is now absolutley fine and has remained well feathered ever since!
    I currently have a Warren who came to me at POL and she has been moulting since Chistmas! She doesn't seem to be growing any new feathers. As I have the ex-barn hens still looking a bit moth-eaten I'm using ex-batt pellets to try and improve things but still not doing much, though she does look marginally better since being on that.
    Last edited by Suechooks; 21-06-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

My LS started, lost all her underneath feathers (if you picked her up you were left with handfuls) and now has stopped moulting too. Change of weather maybe?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X