Day 21 for chuckie eggs... No signs :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 21 for chuckie eggs... No signs :(

hiya its day 21 for my first batch of eggs...

i woke up this morning expecting to see at least one baby... Nuthing!!!

they are all shaking nicely now and again, but i cannot see any other signs... Is this enough for now?

i am being very good... i havent lifted the lid.. using a torch to peer in instead

How are they doing, any pips yet?

Comment

two has just pipped about hour ago, and the rest are bouncing like crazy.. all looking good!!

Comment

Oh Fab! Keep sitting on those hands!

Comment

still sitting on my hands lol... 6 pipped.. but the first one that pipped at 1pm, hasnt progressed any other than to kick a wee bit of shell off, about 1mm, the membrane still intact... any advice please?

Comment

I believe they can go 24 hours after pipping. They may be absorbing the last of the yolk sac.

Comment

Most of mine have gone between 6 and 24 hours after pipping. On our first hatch I was the same as you, saw a pip got straight on google and the vine to ask!

It is so stressful!! But amazing results of the stress, little fluffy chicks. We are on about day 12 of our 3rd batch, cant wait! although a litle anxious as we have already lost 50% and on top of that we had a powercut in the middle of the night and no idea how long for.

Good luck with yours Splatcat im sure you will be a proud mother hen soon
              Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
              Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
              FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

Any news yet?

Comment

Very Eggciting! Don't forget, we need baby pics!

Jules
                  Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

out of 24 viable eggs... so far:

6 hatched and drying.. 12 in the process of hatching (one looking very poorly, shell bleeding a bit, giving him an hour before deciding whether to cull or not) the others no sign yet

will follow with pictures soon... maybe someone can help identify them.. supposed to be Light sussex, had my suspicions as the eggs were wrong colour! look like marans to me lol

Comment

Well the poorly one has made it out the shell, and is drying nicely, not as active as the others yet, but who knows...

Photos... ( if i can get the link to paste)

Pictures by splatcat43 - Photobucket

Comment

They look like the Copper Black Marans I hatched a few weeks ago (well not me personally - Phoebe the Buff Orpington bantam actually did the job! ). Eggs should have been very dark.

Comment

Yes they were very dark eggs.. im not very good at breeds of eggs, and i got these given, he said there was marans, light sussex and welsummer in them, mostly light sussex... silly me lol. The only thing i can garuantee, is theyre pures, as he kept them all in seperate pens..

ah well, they be loved anyway xx

Comment

They look like marans to me as well.
                            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...le-yolker.html

The link above should take you to my photos on here (not many) the dark egg was a marans and the pale egg a light sussex. The marans egg looks huge as it was a double yolker.

Comment

Well done with your first hatch, have you got any hair left or did you pull it all out
                              Look like marans to me too. Never had light sussex, but their chicks are usually golden based and so are welsummers as far as I know. But got marans and maran hybrids and they are black and silver chicks.
                              Mind you I've got silver sussex and their chicks are similar...
                              All super breeds anyway, so don't forget the growing up picis too
                              Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X