all done

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all done

well,thats it,the chooks new keepers have been ,the birds went first,then we dismantled part of the coop to make it of a size to go into the back of their car/mpv,it all went so easily,i must have made the coop and its later add-on bits well as we just unscrewed it til small enough,its very bare out there,and so very quiet,keep looking at the clock,thinking its time for their afternoon treat,having lost the dog 3 weeks ago and now this,it feelstoo quiet,but i will still be reading all your threads,so good luck to all...

A sad day Buffs. I hope you will not only be reading the threads but joining in to.

Comment

Originally posted by frias View Post
      A sad day Buffs. I hope you will not only be reading the threads but joining in to.
      Couldn't have put it better! Keep in touch Buffs.x

Comment

Glad they have a good new home but it's definitely a sad day for you. stick around on here though x

Polo xx

Comment

Can I ask why they had to go? If it's painful, don't answer, I apologize in advance if I'm asking something stupid. Sorry you're sad :*-(
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

sorry you had to go through with it...and about the dog. hugs xxx

Comment

((((HUGS)))) from me too.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Sad Day, but glad you were able to find a good home for them.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                  Can I ask why they had to go? If it's painful, don't answer, I apologize in advance if I'm asking something stupid. Sorry you're sad
                  i have a progressive wasting of the legs,only started after i had passed 40 (genetic),took 13 years to find out what it was,now having trouble getting upright if i crouch down,sometimes taking 5mins to do,so i got the birds rehomed before they suffered through me not being able to look after them properly,their coop area,5m x3m,was always cleaned every day,and i got stuck,unable to stand twice in a week,i knew then i had to admit defeat and think of the birds,but its so quiet,i keep thinking i will see them when i go out there,but they have gone to a good home locally and everything was made ready before their move,so they are now running round what was a veg plot,going absolutely mad ,trying to get to everything first....happy chooks..
                  Last edited by Nicos; 23-08-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I am so sorry Buffs - sounds like you're having a horrible time of it. I hope the new owners keep you supplied with eggs for your kindness, I would. I hope you can get some medical help now they've determined the problem.
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Buffs, I'm sorry to read you had to part with the chooks.
                      Chin up and hopefully you will find out how to contol this condition you mention.
                      You could maybe look into raised beds for growing veg...that will keep you going outside into the fresh air too.
                      When you heart has had a chance to heal from the loss of the dog and the chooks, perhaps you will get another dog to keep you company. I know my cats have left various sized dents on my heart, but what good is a pristine heart, it's better to have a heart that has lived and aquired a few dents along the way.
                      ‘you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore'

Comment

Sad news on all three accounts Buffs- but as the others say- keep posting- I'm sure there's plenty of advice you can share.
                        I know it might sound strange- but have you thought of keeping doves? I know they don't lay eggs but we were on hols a few years back in Italy and the sound of the doves was lovely- and watching them interact was a joy!
                        I'd love to have some here but we have buzzards flying round here and I'm sure they'd be picked off one at a time.
                        Just a thought xx
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

What a nice idea Nicos!
                          I'm now quite inspired myself (but have sparrow hawks so can't...)!

Comment

sorry to say,medics can do nothing,easiest way to explain it,think that when you sleep your body recharges overnight,well my legs dont and gradually been going downhill since it started in the early 90s,look around,theres plenty more worse off than me,not lost me marbles yet,now what was i saying?????...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X