Ex-batts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-batts

Its great to think that in the UK at least the barren cage will be banned very soon. But lets not lose sight of the fact that many thousands of hens will be slaughtered to bring this to fruition.
    If you can find a corner for just a few of these girls I know you won't regret it.
    I'm sure the rehoming charities will be happy to hear from anyone who can take some on before its too late.

Think i could take some :-)

I upgraded the coop this year and got another bit of ground so if there are any ex bats in Scotland i would be happy to take.

Mandy

Comment

Also thought it worth a mention that a lot of other european countries are way behind on their enriched cage plans. This makes it harder for British Farmers to be compete price wise. But those brands you know have higher welfare where possible and buy British.

Comment

Originally posted by mandyballantyne View Post
        Think i could take some :-)

I upgraded the coop this year and got another bit of ground so if there are any ex bats in Scotland i would be happy to take.

Mandy
        You'll need to do a search on t'internet!

Comment

My friend just took six and I am trying to get my mums neighbour, who is retiring and said she wanted to keep hens, to take six more.
          I would but until I have nailed my problems I daren't. Have a look at this, all those who are thinking about it.

Chicken Run meets Escape To Victory (in Omlet's Eglu Cube) - YouTube
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by polo View Post
            Also thought it worth a mention that a lot of other european countries are way behind on their enriched cage plans. This makes it harder for British Farmers to be compete price wise. But those brands you know have higher welfare where possible and buy British.
            What - eggs?
            I *never* buy eggs!
            I keep hens
            ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Originally posted by nellie-m View Post
              What - eggs?
              I *never* buy eggs!
              I keep hens

Ha Ha, good point, nor do I!! I do try and nag/educate friends and family who aren't as lucky as me to have wonderful fresh happy hen eggs every day!!

Comment

Nothing like a fresh egg. Supermarket ones are weeks old apparently before they get sold...urgh!
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

suechooks thanks to you the BHWT will be named as co respondant on my divorce papers. We are taking 3........

Comment

Originally posted by baldrick View Post
                    suechooks thanks to you the BHWT will be named as co respondant on my divorce papers. We are taking 3........
                    Ha ha that is so funny

Comment

Originally posted by baldrick View Post
                      Naaah - he's just an old (well not SO old) softie!

Comment

I've had three lots of rescue Hens - they're fab!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
                          Naaah - he's just an old (well not SO old) softie!
                          It was actually Boos(holly on a spring) fault. We'd just sat down for dinner and I was pouring a beer and wondering what to do and she piped up "so are we having some of these 14 million hens or what? Its not really fair for them to be killed. We havent got room for them all though". HE started the discussion about how if every family took 3 they would all have a home. All I contributed was the (second hand stolen) quote that its better to light one little candle than moan about the dark......Im to get some builder board forthwith for the recovery coop construction. Any ideas on getting a 6"x8"board into a renault kangoo full of dog cages, logs, bags of chicken manure.................

Comment

I wish our Council would reconsider their policy on keeping hens on the allotment. I'd love to take some of these girls.
                            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
                              I wish our Council would reconsider their policy on keeping hens on the allotment. I'd love to take some of these girls.
                              If its a council allotment under the allotment law act of 1950 something I thought they couldn't stop you keeping chickens...am I wrong?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X