How the mighty has fallen - Help please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newtothis View Post
    Bethan has made it through another day thankfully, but is still not eating. Is this OK or should we be tempting her with something?
    Try offering her something tomorrow that you know she likes. Maybe in a quiet place away from the others? Nutridrops are good if she continues not eating. (Made by Net-tex and usually available at feed places) Make sure she's getting some water.

Comment

Can't help but think Bethan might have been ill before the others picked on her and that's why they did it. Have you tried a few grapes? If any of mine are off colour they will still usually eat a grape. If she's not picking up maybe a trip to the vet?

Comment

Just an aside, 'purple' spray isn't always purple. Sometimes the antiseptic spray is actually turquoise! (we still called it purple spray regardless).
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Just to say that Bethan the 'boss' has quietly given up the ghost and passed away to hen heaven last night....RIP.
          She has struggled through the last few weeks - seeming to recover some days and the slump back to being a disinterested puff ball on others. I was just getting around to thinking she was perking up when we found her this morning.
          Thanks for all the help and advice - it's a learning curve...

Comment

And a sad one too at times I'm afraid .
            Just think what a nice life she's had with you.

Comment

Thanks Sue - yes we said this morning that she'd always seemed very happy.

Comment

Oh, I;m sorry to hear that but these things do happen when hens are involved xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X