Well that was interesting...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was interesting...

Having let the chucks out into the garden today noticed the white leghorn (my avatar pic) looking hunched. This girl has have egg peritonitis twice and only just pulled through last time despite calcium shot and baytril.

So, I went out and caught her and had a gentle feel around her abdo which felt distended and hot so I decided to make them some mash with a good bit of poultry spice for the calcium and a spoonful of cod liver oil. This seemed to be the best thing I couold do as I had already made up my mind she wasn't going to the vets again for this.

I went out and put the dishes on the lawn when she squatted in what I can only describe as a 'sumo' postition for ages. Just as I got back to the window to look an egg popped out. I thought, great, she will be fine, went and picked it up and went back in. To my amazement when I looked out again she had just laid another egg.

They are like buses these eggs!

I wonder whether I helped get things moving by feeling round her abdo. Anyway, she is still looking slightly unwell but much improved.

Tis indeed interesting! Maybe she's just got a faulty egg system if she's had peritonitis before. Ayway hope she recovers again for you!

Comment

Cor, queuing them up I've had two in 12 hours from a single hen before, but never that fast! Pat on the back required I think!

Comment

Round your place for Brekkie then!

Seriously though, I hope she's OK.

(What Avatar pic?)
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Deffo numpty - I had cleverly thought I had sorted the avatar pic out!

Anyway, she is absolutely fine this morning. Hasn't laid yet

Got eggs coming out my ears so hope the neighbours come and purchase some soon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X