Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to fluenvet one chicken

Hi All,

All the chucks had fluenvet about 2 months ago. However one is showing signs of shaking her head and being hunched up.

She has been plagued with lice, but having checked her over she seems quite clear of them. I've had red mite recently but again got that under control within a day or so of spotting a loan mite.

Any ideas on this one?

She's my oldest bird, maybe 4 years old now and I've thought on many occassion was going to lose her, but she battles through everything, but this time its hit her very hard very quickly

No discharge from her nose and her breathing is fine

I usually split sultanas in half and pop Flubenvet in those, which are greedily gulped down. I found the mixing into food too hard.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

How much would you use for just one chicken?

Comment

I split the sultana and dip it into powder, then shake it off. I give a couple each day for seven days.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I've pm'd you- but sounds much like VVG's dosing
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            I've pm'd you- but sounds much like VVG's dosing
            Wasn't that clever idea one of yours? Somebody on here suggested it I think when I posted about the trouble I ws having.
            Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 02-10-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

May have been me !

I give my banies 1, My Light Sussex 3-4 and when we had the peacock he had about 9 or 10!

I find it really easy when they are sat on their perches all calm and ready for bed.( have to watch out for the couple of piggie ones though which will snatch and gobble up and slightly available in my closed hand!)

Now you come to mention it, my gals are overdue on their worming!!!!yikes!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                May have been me !

I give my banies 1, My Light Sussex 3-4 and when we had the peacock he had about 9 or 10!

I find it really easy when they are sat on their perches all calm and ready for bed.( have to watch out for the couple of piggie ones though which will snatch and gobble up and slightly available in my closed hand!)

Now you come to mention it, my gals are overdue on their worming!!!!yikes!
                I knew it was yoohoo - it's a great idea, clever gal. I miss Monsieur Albert de Peacock and his preening stories

Comment

Thank you all, sadly my little henna died over night, I dont think she made it back to the coop and I found her this morning in the covered run.

I'm not sure if I should try and find out what she died from? In case I can treat the others. Also she was an elderly chicken and this could have been the final straw.

So very sad, Henna was my very first chicken and also she didnt like me much in the beginning, she got used to me!

Comment

So sorry to hear this Tick9

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X