Ducks and Geese Galore.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks and Geese Galore.

I'm going to this sale of waterfowl this coming Sunday.

Waterfow World. . the home of purebred stock

I fear that prices might be too hot for me but I'm hoping to be able to buy some Indian Runner ducks. I'll be taking my camera with me to get some photos of what should be a high quality sale. Anyone else going along?

i wish I was. I hear there will be shetland geese for sale.

Comment

There aren't any shown as being forward on the list.

Comment

What are you looking at the ducks for, eggs? meat? (just nosey )

Comment

Eggs and good looks, I'm hoping that I can be lucky and get both.
          Last edited by Cidermaker; 17-10-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I went to the sale yesterday, where and I kid you not, a single Muscovy drake was sold for a staggering £1500. Add the 10% buyers premium and it means that someone spent £1650 on a single duck.

I did eventually buy some ducks at the sale but paid a tad less for my purchases.

Here are my new purchases safe at home.

Comment

I went today and bought a drake to go with the two runner females that I bought at the sale. At the moment, he's in moult, or eclipse as duck people apparently call it but he should smarten up considerably when he's finished.

I also bought these two books and once I've fully digested them, I'm hoping that I wont be quite so confused about all the varying colours.

Last edited by Cidermaker; 25-10-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

we used to have runners but the drake kept trying to have sex with chickens, the cat, dog- it wasn't fussy- so they went! We have chocolate/ white and lavender white muscovies. Provided you keep removing eggs spring til autumn they just keep on laying- they will hatch and brood own young. They are also quiet and friendly. ....Unlike the call ducks- ! we have a white drake(1st prize 2 years running Herts county show) his silver appleyard coloured son, a blue bibbed female, 1 white female and 2 apricots.
                in another pen we have a trio of magnificent rouens.
                I have a campbell cross trio who are looking for a ftgh- dark campbell drake with 2 females 1 mixed coloured white cross campbell and a rouen cross campbell- these will be pretty for the garden and lay loads of eggs if anyone wants them!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X