Sleepover at Frank's Place

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepover at Frank's Place

Well since we've had the chooks, after letting the girls out to free range, they have always come back to roost in their house.

When we got Frank, the rooster, he was 2 nights in the 'other side' of the hen house, and then when he was let out he went to bed with the girls in their house.

Even when the dog had chased off Hotlips, she came back to the henhouse sometime overnight.

Tonight I went a little earlier to lock them up...no chooks. No rooster. Altho I could hear them! So I looked in the other side, and there they all were lined up in a row on the one roost in Frank's house. Yes, sleepover at Frank's place. Can we mum? Can we?

No! Two of them jumped off when I tried to catch them, got the third one. Took her home, and the other three came as well.

Frank's side is not quite a foxproof, the door doesn't shut quite as tightly. Sorry girls.
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

having the Christian name and nature of Frank, I was a wee bit concerned to see someone advertising a sleepover at my place. Even more so when it became cleare that there was intended to be a fivesome at bedtime . I've never even been lucky enough(maybe unlucky enough) to be offered a threesome

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
      I've never even been lucky enough(maybe unlucky enough) to be offered a threesome
      Sounds like there may have been a twosome of chicks though

Comment

VC's last post raised an interesting question which because of its delicate nature had to be asked in a PM. Just out of interest, the question was answered with another interestingly delicate question

Comment

Methinks you are making some scrambled eggs here, AP

Comment

I always say; "Funny Fings, Chooks!" (Including, it would appear the Veggie sort, too! )

My stoooopid sisters have been roosting under the nest-boxes, or in the brambles, until I blocked them off. The one chose to sleep behind the step, and another on the feed hopper. I really am fed up with hoiking them out and bunging them in the coop. Thankfully, this evening, they all went in without my help!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

All us Chooks learn our place eventually - some take longer than others and I'm still working on it
              Glad they're learning to act like real chooks should after their traumatic start in life.

Comment

You're scaring me now G4 - chasing chooks around trying to catch them and put them up on roosts at the end of the day doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. I'm hoping that mine will have some chook brain cells left and be able to get the idea fairly easily.

AP - sorry to scare you by springing the sleepover on you without notice
                Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

Oh I forgot to say, Frank's previous owner had some chickens hatch yesterday and sent Frank congratulations, one of the chickens is looking very black!
                  Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
                    AP - sorry to scare you by springing the sleepover on you without notice
                    AP may enjoy that element of surprise, Feral

Comment

Imagine the "big Dog" on the unmentionable insurance advert when you read this next bit. Oh no, no no, no. Shaking my head off here

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X