No announcement yet.

Amateurs get blame again

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The study talks a lot about "increased risks" but there is no mention or figures on actual cases. Every daily mail reading parent living close to someone who keeps chickens is going to be complaining now. Licences and/or compulsory vet visits, I wonder. £££

I spend about £3 p/week on eggs so if that is the average, then 500,000 people eating there own eggs means the industry is losing around £78m p/year, makes me wonder who funded the study.
    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Makes you wonder what will be the next "lets blame the amateur" work of fiction
      Tomatoes would be good as they are grown by many amateurs, are eaten all year round and are relatively expensive to produce commercially because of the heating.
      So I think it will be a greenhouse crop, probably tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
        ...I spend about £3 p/week on eggs so if that is the average, then 500,000 people eating there own eggs means the industry is losing around £78m p/year, makes me wonder who funded the study.
        You're as cynical as me!

It never ceases to amaze me how newspapers get away with printing their tripe, and I'm even more amazed by the amount of otherwise intelligent people, who believe every word is gospel
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          You're as cynical as me!

It never ceases to amaze me how newspapers get away with printing their tripe, and I'm even more amazed by the amount of otherwise intelligent people, who believe every word is gospel
          As the SUnday Mail which said this weekend in headlines that "Cameron would reject the Leveson Report".

Problems:
          1. Leveson Report has not yet been issued.
          2. Cameron has not been interviewed by the Daily Mail.

Anyone who believes newspaper headlines is gullible.... like those who retwitter libel...

Comment

i have my own answers to the question of what D M stands for,quite a few of them,it could be a long running quest, they leave us so many options....and even cameron doesnt know what to say yet,he hasnt seen the polls yet,what a way to run a country....

Comment

We live in a free society (so we are led to beleive) We can pretty much go and get any animal or have a child and no-one bothers with what we are doing. That's why we have societies like the Rspca and the nspcc for the many that aren't quite doing 'it' right If we all stopped growing our own food, having children and keeping animals what kind of a country would we actually live in? So, that's the question... over the last few weeks newspapers have encouraged us to stop producing and re-producing! Well, there's a film in there somewhere... I'm off to eat my tea
              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Makes you wonder what will be the next "lets blame the amateur" work of fiction
                Tomatoes would be good as they are grown by many amateurs, are eaten all year round and are relatively expensive to produce commercially because of the heating.
                So I think it will be a greenhouse crop, probably tomatoes.
                Seems it's potatoes, this "story" is a few weeks old mind you, i'm sure come next month you'll be right.
                Amateur gardeners accused of fuelling national potato shortage by spreading dangerous fungal blight | Mail Online
                My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X