No announcement yet.

Mycoplasma?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - I culled another (Orloff) hen who was sneezing and touch wood, the rest of the birds aren't showing symptoms. I've isolated the broodies from the Orloffs and am keeping everything crossed.

Sigh. That's 40% of my (tiny) breeding Orloff flock gone in 3 weeks.

I've put some eggs in the incubator to test Orloff fertility, and will candle them tonight. No girls are showing signs of broodiness yet though...

Bye for now,

JM

Comment

Oh sorry to hear that. Keep giving them lots of garlic and hopefully the rest will be ok. Some breeds are so much more fragile than others, its easy to see why they are rare.

Comment

Have you heard of Citricidal? Its a grapefruit extract herbal thingy & IME has helped with birds not contracting from others (also used on human & other animals) Before/during/& after a show I put my birds on ACV 25ml per litre/clove of garlic in water. I isolate for 2 weeks as IME I have found if likely to go down with anything tends to happen around 10 days. As far as lice etc concerned, I always spray with permerthrin before & after a show & also use petroleum jelly on the legs to help prevent them cathcing scaly leg. This is just how I deal with things & obviously doesnt replace any vet advice

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X