Foam on corner of eye?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam on corner of eye?

Hi, I have woke this morning to see a white foam looking thing on my silkie cockrels eye. I can only explain it as looking foamy and only on the corner of his right eye. Does anyone know what it may be?.He is approximatly 4-5 months old now if that makes a difference.Thanks all

Mycoplasma requiring antibiotics maybe? It maybe needs a vet to look at it?
    Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 16-02-2013, 11:58 AM.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

sounds like mycoplasma and the vet will prescribe tylan before it gets any worse. Ensure he is isolated.

Comment

Agree with the above. Isolate and treat with antibiotics.

Comment

thanks all for the great advice, it seemed to go about 10 minutes after I noticed it and hasn't been there since. I will get him the the vet this week anyway just to make sure he is ok anyway and many some antibiotics just incase. Thanks again

Comment

It might just be possible he got something in his eye that irritated it. Goldeneye ointment is very good for things like that.

However, do keep an ear out for rattling, sneezing etc as it could be mycoplasma - which will need antibiotics from the vet.

In the meantime, have you Apple Cider Vinegar/garlic or Herban or orego-stim? or citricidal?If so would suggest putting either ACV/garlic in the wate for a few days or any of the others I suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpius View Post
              It might just be possible he got something in his eye that irritated it. Goldeneye ointment is very good for things like that.

However, do keep an ear out for rattling, sneezing etc as it could be mycoplasma - which will need antibiotics from the vet.

In the meantime, have you Apple Cider Vinegar/garlic or Herban or orego-stim? or citricidal?If so would suggest putting either ACV/garlic in the wate for a few days or any of the others I suggested.

Thanks for that suggestion, I always put cider vinegar but I have tonight put garlic in there instead to see if that makes a difference. Thanks again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X