Forum Rules?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Rules?

Hi can any Mods tell me if advertising birds for rehoming is allowed on the forum I have looked for any mention of forum rules but can't find anything

No advertising allowed unless you are a paid up advertiser. There is a thread in general chit chat which lists everything that we all signed up to on registering.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      No advertising allowed unless you are a paid up advertiser. There is a thread in general chit chat which lists everything that we all signed up to on registering.
      Is rehoming really advertising? I thought that the ban was (quite reasonably) around things where you could make a profit but if it's just the likes of battery hens isn't that different?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Is rehoming really advertising? I thought that the ban was (quite reasonably) around things where you could make a profit but if it's just the likes of battery hens isn't that different?
        Not really. When it goes wrong we are asked to come in and sort things. And we aren't qualified to do so.

Comment

We have allowed in the past for a link to be posted to sites like the BHWT and other rehoming organisations when they are rehoming large quantities of birds. That way all the arrangements take place off this site, but potential homes are still being found.

So If you would like to post a link to another site for that purpose, you're more than welcome.

Comment

Err Clear as mud but I will take it as a No unless told otherwise

Comment

Advertising = no

For free = fine.

Comment

Hi Cozeekitten,if it helps Sarz & Zaz mean stuff like .......... http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...and_61129.html .. /free to a good home is acceptable but members are not allowed to advertise their own birds for sale
                Last edited by bearded bloke; 21-02-2013, 09:50 AM.
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

hmmm, I was going to sell my soul, now I'm going to have to give it away

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                    Hi Cozeekitten,if it helps Sarz & Zaz mean stuff like .......... http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...and_61129.html .. /free to a good home is acceptable but members are not allowed to advertise their own birds for sale
                    ...and if you are giving away your own birds .... then that is fine- but that will be at people's own risk and we Mods/GYO cannot be involved if things go wrong.

Hope that clarifies things cozeekitten?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by nicos View Post
                      ...and if you are giving away your own birds .... Then that is fine- but that will be at people's own risk and we mods/gyo cannot be involved if things go wrong.

Hope that clarifies things cozeekitten?
                      i rehomed mine on the local recycle site,we know where they are and are being looked after well...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X