Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a treadle feeder they don't want?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a treadle feeder they don't want?

I'm after a 7/10Kg treadle feeder to try, but don't really want to buy a brand new one if my lot are going to make a mess with it/not get on with it.

Reason being is, when I pop away for a weekend etc, I'd like to be able to leave food out without the thought of attracting vermin - plus it's less for a neighbour/friend to "do" for me - they can just collect eggs/check on them (planning on installing an automated pop hole opener on the coop & run) - so they don't have to pop around early, put some food out, and then come around again at night time, taking the food away, etc A quick check on them in the morning, and then a whip around when they should have gone back in to collect the eggs is in my mind if that makes sense.

So yep, I'd rather buy a second hand one - and preferably from one of you nice folk here. I'd like to conduct the deal off the forums (as it's not the right place to do so, nor do I want my wrists slapped ), so if you have one please PM me your email address and I'll drop you a mail!

Thanks.

I don't have one Chris. I used to hang the feeder from the roof of the henhouse.

Comment

I do the same VC, but have recently seen some videos of how high rats can jump!

I raise it high up at night but now wondering if they'd be able to climb the roof(upside down)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X