How long?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long?

I'm hoping to pick a couple of pullet's up this w/end. This will involve a journey of approx. 4 hours (I hope). I've never carried chickens this long. I hope to pick them up around noon so they will have had 4 or 5 hours on feed & drink. Don't want to water them on the journey as I have visions of chasing chickens round the services. What's the longest you can leave large fowl without food & drink?

We brought five back, having picked them up around 3pm, we got back circa 5pm and put them straight into the coop. They slept all that night and bombed out in the morning like they owned the place. No food and drink until 7am next morning. They were fine.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

They will be fine

Comment

Can't you find any closer, or are they specific ones that you want? (just curious).

Comment

They will be fine I think. At shows they aren't fed all day. If the car gets hot (which it might do with the heater on) they might suffer a bit from the heat.

Comment

Water and food has to be provided after a max of 12 hrs in transit.....
            ( page 4)
            http://adlib.everysite.co.uk/resourc...7/PB12544e.pdf

You'll be well within the limit

Good to think you've thought about that though...well done!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
              Can't you find any closer, or are they specific ones that you want? (just curious).
              Specific one's I suppose. I can get 2 only 20 miles away but (hopefully) these will have less chance of being related to the cockerel we already have being so far away. Pity chook's don't come with pedigrees like dog's. I was supposed to swop him he was bought as a p.o.l. However 3 w/end's of bad weather plus a bout of a cellulitis infection stopped me taking him back & we got attached to him. These will form a trio. Anyone for hatching egg's?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X