No announcement yet.

Chicken fence or cage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fence panels that abut to proposed run area would be best stood on top of "gravel boards" (preferably concrete),to prevent premature rotting caused by moisture/poo in the wood chippings
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Now I'm a cheapskate so, if I had 2 sides with a fence and a 3rd side with a greenhouse, I'd run some netting across the top of the lot and put the coop on the 4th side

Comment

I am spending most of day digging out the biggest tree trunk and root system, so I am taking lots and lots of breaks which is giving me time to plan how it could look! Quite excited as means can build to bespoke shape (now planning on making set-up so path at side so can hide compost bins behind it).

Never thought of using greenhouse as one side but a brilliant idea, also will be nice when in greenhouse and looking on to their yard. Mmmmm, money saved might persuade my other 'non-gardening' half to let me get the greenhouse now so can incorporate in to build,

Mmmmmm, the plan is coming together. May start googling greenhouses for sale!

Comment

If it helps, Caldan, I used the GH as part of a run. You may need to put a lightweight board along the bottom of the glass as the chooks will kick all the muck up against it. It was fun to see them watching me in the GH
          You may be able to pay for a lot of your GH from the savings you'll make on an upmarket run

Comment

Originally posted by Caldan View Post
            I am spending most of day digging out the biggest tree trunk and root system,
            A log pile is a brilliant habitat for spiders, beetles and all kinds of beneficial insects. See if you can make one in a corner somewhere.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              A log pile is a brilliant habitat for spiders, beetles and all kinds of beneficial insects. See if you can make one in a corner somewhere.
              Got it all out, amazing. Think was cut down many years ago but wood still going strong. Yes, plan on drilling a number of holes in it and hiding behind a raised area I have at back of garden. Figure grow my own anti-aphid army

Comment

Originally posted by Caldan View Post
                grow my own anti-aphid army
                OK, you need hoverflies then. Grow those big fragrant lilies (eg Stargazer) .. they love them. English (Pot) Marigolds, too
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X