Collected my battery hens

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collected my battery hens

Hi all, we've just been and collected our 6 battery hens. They are not as bad as I thought, I thought they would have much less feathers than they did. By the time I got them home we already had 2 eggs :-). They are now settling in with my 4 silkies, they seem to be keeping away from each other at the minute and making a right racket lol. I'm just hoping they calm down soon. :-)

Wot - no pictures!!!

All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Pictures please Adam.

Comment

I've just popped out. Will upload some pics when I get home :-)

Comment

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Actually I had noticed that the battie's make a lot more noise than my other hens. The dogs are totally capitvated everytime a battie lays an egg - it carries on like a mad thing for ages. Our hens lay quietly and don't even announce it!
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I keep trying to upload pictures from my phone but it keeps saying upload failed. I will try later on the ipad.happy easter by the way. I had a HUGE Easter egg from one of the girls this morning. I've never seen a egg so big. Will upload a pic of it later with the other pics.

Comment

Wot G4 said!
              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hi all as promised some pictures, there not very good as they wouldn't stay still long enough, will try and get some more 2moz when there outside. Also check out the size of that egg. The small 1 is from the silkie, the next 1 is what I would class as a large egg and the biggest 1 is from 1 of the batteries ( looks more like an ostriches egg) lol.the last picture is of the chicken in the worst state, she's really bold on the neck and looks scraggly. Hopefully she gets back to normal soon, poor thing.

Attached Files

Comment

That'll be a double-yolker!

I love seeing pictures of newly-released Batties, with their big pink floppy hats. Doesn't seem so long since mine looked like that.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Yay thanks for the piccies
                    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Now for a question. 1 of the hens is really pecking at the others combs. I'm sure it's them just sorting the pecking order but she is pecking quite hard to the stage there is little specks of blood on some. What do u suggest I do?. Do the anti pecking sprays work?. Thanks all

Comment

If they are specifically going the combs try rubbing some vasaline onto it as it stops them getting a grip. It should hopefully calm down after a few days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X