Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flubenvet

Hi,
    I've just bought some flubenvet and i feed my hens layers pellets. I dont know how i am going to feed them it so was wondering how you all fed yours it?!
    I have 9 hens so i dont think the raspberry/sultana will work as some of them will not let you near them!

Thankyou!!!

Most folk use grapes, I think, for small flocks. Personally, I buy the pellets with it already in, and just feed that for a week or so, but I have 21 Batties at the moment. I could never be bothered to faff about with the powder, although I believe you can add it to pellets that have been rolled in cod liver oil or some such, to make it stick.

If you have trouble catching them, do it first thing in the morning, before you let them out.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Buying the premedicated pellet is certainly much less faff than mixing the powder into ordinary pellet, but it's not difficult to mix your own. The dosage will be on the side of the tub, you just measure the correct amount of powder into a measured amount of pellet, mix together and put in your feed hopper as normal. Don't feed any other scraps, corn or treats during the course of the worming, 7 days. As a rough guide, for the 2.5% mixture, which I use, it is 5g powder to 4 kg pellet. Measure the pellet into a bucket, add the powder and stir well in. Some people do add oil or water to help the powder stick, I don't bother, it seems to stick perfectly fine I think.

I see you have 9 hens so I don't imagine they will eat more than 10 kg of pellet (half a sack) between them in a week (or they shouldn't be!) so you should be able to work it out.

Comment

Im like RH, I use the 2.5%, but do put a little oil in the feed cos they seem to love it. But have decided when the tub Im using runs out (in years to come LOL) Im going to buy the premixed bag from Marriages

Comment

Actually I use both! I have just wormed everyone (a couple of weeks back) with the premedicated pellets, but also keep a tub of 2.5% in stock for worming extra birds that arrive in between the normal worming times.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X