This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut Flowers 2020

Feel free to set your own challenge or just post when you can. It is lovely to see what everyone has grown and I look forward to what peeps post.

I am back to attempting a vase a week for 2020, just so you are pre-warned.

Previous threads:-

Cut Flowers 2019
    Cut Flowers 2018
    Cut Flowers 2017

Don't forget with all your flowery offerings that you can also join the flower seed saving circle 2020

Could a Mod please sticky this thread?

I've got loads of seed for a cutting patch, so lets hope things work out much better than last year's attempt did

Comment

I’m in - I’d better get out tomorrow and pick ......something!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C9CAC936-405D-4C18-A533-3BD919556CB6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	800.9 KB
ID:	2385982
        Best I could do for week one..

Comment

Im in!.......
          Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by farendwoman View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]89659[/ATTACH]
            Best I could do for week one..
            Lovely picture.
            Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I built 3 new 1m x 1m x .7m beds dedicated to cut flowers last year and kept my wife quite happy with an occasional vase full, mostly sweet peas, rudbeckia etc. not very knowledgeable so ended up with a lot of stuff for borders and hanging baskets, which she thought was hilarious. Have bought a mixed bag of bulbs specifically for cut flowers and planted around 80 so will see what comes up this year.

Comment

I'll be following this thread with interest! I'm hoping to create a cutting patch on my new allotment.

Comment

Name:	2C3CD239-50D5-40CD-A89D-5B629108CFF7.jpeg
Size:	683.9 KB
ID:	2386023
                  Slim pickings(ha ha!) for week two.

Comment

Anyone remember “Eiffel Tower lemonade crystals” ?

Comment

Name:	E50F116D-49FC-494F-995D-394D6CB26968.jpeg
Size:	543.5 KB
ID:	2386140
                      On holiday so not much I could gather this week.
                      This has reminded me of how lovely just a few leaves can be as a posy.

Comment

Seeing this thread made me go and look at the anemone rows I started last spring and I think some are just putting leaves up. I do confuse them with buttercups, but my IDing skills are improving.

They were very prolific last year. I guess I should go and spread some fertilizer around and mulch them.

Anemone cultivation was done commercially around here in the past in little fields called quillets. Now the word only lives on in the names of holiday cottages.
                        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

I have taken on a second allotment for a cutting patch. Must be nuts as its taken an age to dig it over as it was much abused by previous “gardener”. The soil is lovely as before that a lady had it for over 30yrs.
                          If I can thwart the couch grass nettles etc I hope to be wafting through the allotment with armfuls of beautiful flowers this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbin View Post
                            I have taken on a second allotment for a cutting patch. Must be nuts as its taken an age to dig it over as it was much abused by previous “gardener”. The soil is lovely as before that a lady had it for over 30yrs.
                            If I can thwart the couch grass nettles etc I hope to be wafting through the allotment with armfuls of beautiful flowers this summer.
                            As long as we get to see a pic of you wafting with your armful of flowers. I am guessing you will look a bit like this

Name:	Floret_How-To-Grow-Sweet-Peas-2-1024x683.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	2386307

OK, so that is Erin from floret flowers but at least it gives flowery folk something to aim for
                            Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 09-02-2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Here is my first offering in my new 50p charity shop vase (had to get something, my girls keep picking snow drops and I had nothing suitable for them). Snowdrops, rosemary and heuchara leaves.

Name:	DSC_0724 (2).JPG
Size:	793.3 KB
ID:	2386308

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X