Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yippee

Yippee Ive got my first snowdrop here in north bucks

No snowdrop flowers yet, only leaves. Got a few flowers on the forsythia behind the shed, and one of the primroses has been flowering since September.

Comment

Just noticed some purple primulas are flowering at the bottom of the garden.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

My daffs are poking through the soil but I don't have a single snowdrop in the garden - keep saying I will buy bulbs and plant them but never seem to remember at the right time
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

odd thing happened here regarding snowdrops - I planted a load of bulbs back in early October, one came up (and flowered!!) within a couple of weeks!

Himself (Snowdrop) says it was the advance scout *groan
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

I don't have any snow drop in my garden but my narcissus are coming ( around 5 cm)...is that means spring is coming sooner next year ?
            Would really love that....

momol
            Last edited by momol; 28-12-2007, 07:05 PM.
            I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Hello Uglygourd. I don't know what that means. I must have a look round and see what I have. I know that crocus don't grow for me anymore - it's too warm. Half a degree in average temperature is all it takes. Maybe it's getting too warm for snowdrops here.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

My scarlet runners are still blooming away since last summer. What does that say about climate change?

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Snowdrops are better planted 'in the green' than from bulbs. These can often be very dried up and not all will grow. You see snowdrops advertised in Feb/March time and they are lifted when the flowers have finished. Plant them so the white stem above the bulb doesn't show and they usually take very well.
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for that advice Flum. There are loads growing on the grass verge at Madmax's parents house - could nick some of them when flowering is over.
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

Good idea Shirl get them when the flowers are just dying and set them in 2s or 3s I was once told they dont like to be alone!! I dont know if this was a wind up or true but i always put 2 in a hole and it works I have a big clump of double headed ones that started as a clump of about 8 that I spotted on my future father in laws earth dirt in his builders yard!! 30 years on Ive got about 100 odd and a husband from him!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X