Poorly Margueritas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorly Margueritas

MIL bought a couple of very healthy looking Marguerita( flowers like white ddaisies) from tesco last weekend. They looked really healthy about 10"-12" tall with a few budds as well. She was planning to keep them indoors untill summer.
    For some unknown reason both plants have started to go very pale, and the leaves are wilting. She hasnt overwatered them and brought them in her lounge since the temperature has dropped, but both plants dont look healthy at all and are getting worse everyday.
    Does anybody know anything which can be done to rescue these marguerita? Please help!!!

It's probably way to hot and dry indoors for them, try slowly aclimatising them to outdoor conditions and leave them out as they're not an indoor plant and they're pretty hardy. My mum grows them, but I don't as I once knew someone named Marguerite - long, long story.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

poorly margueritas

Hi i think the problem with some commercially grown plants is that they are purely grown to look good while they are in the shops, The plants will have had a strict high nitrogen feed with regulated temps which produced fast growth to maximise profits for the growers. they are not grown for long life so no matter what you do they will struggle. Its a bit like poinsettas at xmas the poor plants havent developed healthy root systems and are just sappy and floppy they are just grown as disposable ...i know cos i have succumbed i love margueritas. If they look really bad you could take cutting before they completely fail and grow yourself some sturdier plants for the summer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X