Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy planting

Hi All

Just sown a load of seed in the front garden but because I am lazy I sprinkled the seed over the soil then just sprinkled a layer of compost over the top.
    I sowed 8 packets.
    Night scented stock, poppy summer fruits, californian poppy summer sorbet, poppy queens poppy, zinnea early wonder, agastache lavender haze, nicotiana sensation mixed and aquilegia summer bonnets mix.
    I know its a bit early for some of them and most should be started indoors but I figure what the hell if just 25% grow it will look good among the other flowers already growing.

Probably overdone it a bit as this is just a small garden at the front of my terraced house... lol

Cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Hi Chris

Ive done the same today I checked my packets which said direct sow. The soil in my raised beds is new topsoil mixed a few weeks ago with some well rotted manure, so the top of the soil was already a fine tilth. The soil was wet so I did the same as you sprinkled seed on the top and covered with compost.

I also sowed night scented stock, californian poppy, corn flower and poppies.

Wonder if and when they germinate.
    http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Originally posted by crichmond View Post
      Hi All

Just sown a load of seed in the front garden but because I am lazy I sprinkled the seed over the soil then just sprinkled a layer of compost over the top.
      I sowed 8 packets.
      Night scented stock, poppy summer fruits, californian poppy summer sorbet, poppy queens poppy, zinnea early wonder, agastache lavender haze, nicotiana sensation mixed and aquilegia summer bonnets mix.
      I know its a bit early for some of them and most should be started indoors but I figure what the hell if just 25% grow it will look good among the other flowers already growing.

Probably overdone it a bit as this is just a small garden at the front of my terraced house... lol

Cheers Chris
      I think the Zinnia and Nicotiana are only half hardy but the annuals and perennials may survive the cold!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X