Auricula woes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auricula woes

Hi guys, hoping there's an expert out there re my auriculas.

I bought plug plants last autumn from a well-known supplier - first lot arrived very battered, second replacement batch not much better. Out of 132 plus I now have about 30 plants, all now in individual modules.

BUT they haven't grown much - do they need feeding/are they too cossetted in the (cold) greenhouse ? Any advice gratefully accepted - I'd love to get them to flower this spring if poss.

Thanks
    Growing in the Garden of England

Sorry not much help but I can't understand why they have to be ordered as they're so easy to buy from Garden Centre and they tend to be bigger than plug plants too. I bought just one plant and they spread/multiply anyway but guess you needed more. Personally the plugs plants are too risky for me, did it once and never again. They tend to suffer in transit and the size!
    Food for Free

Comment

If they were expensive and haven't grown then if the place you bought them from is reputable they should be able to answer your questions? Or rather than ask for more replacements ask for a refund on the dead ones - I've done that with DT Brown when stuff they've sent has died (ie rasps canes).
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Put then in as cold a place as you can, Feed with a general fertiliser and keep out of direct sunlight.
        It depends what type you have ie alpine or show, ect as to how they are treated.
        Pops is a great place for Auriculas and they hold workshops there if thats any help

Comment

Thanks everyone. I had no idea the plugs would fare so badly in the post - I certainly won't be buying like that again. It seemed a good idea as I wanted to buy lots and share with other members of the family.

Never again Now I have the greenhouse I shall raise even more things from seed!
          Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

i bought lavender plugs a couple of years ago....and they arrived in a terrible state. won't do that again...you live and learn though..!
            "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X