Whats digging up my bulbs??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats digging up my bulbs??

I have a few small pots with some crocus bulbs in that have flowered and died off, so ive put them to one side until next year, ive come down today to find all the soil over the floor and all the bulbs dug up and the insides have been eaten and only the paper like outside shells are left!!!!

Any idea who the culprit might be???
    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

I dont know if its the same but i found a squirrel in my garden diggin mine up!!!

Sue
    xx

Comment

Hmmmm

Ive also had fat balls going missing that i hang from my fence, now im thinking it could be squirels and not mice or magpies which i first thought.
      Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I'd put my money on squirrels Blue. They dig up bulbs and raid the bird food..

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I see your fat balls have been "got at" as well. It could also be rats as well as perhaps squirrels or mice. We had this bother a few years ago and stopped putting feeders near the fence. We now have a pole feeder in the middle of a border which is slippy, thus preventing any unwelcome visitors from climbing up.
          Last edited by TWINKLETOES; 17-05-2008, 01:08 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X