Propogating wisteria

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propogating wisteria

Hi folks - my SIL has THE most beautiful huge white wisteria and has said I can propogate myself a plant from it. Any ideas how best to do this - take a cutting now/autumn? Wait for the seed pods (and then do what with them?!) ... any advice gratefully received thanks.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Wisteria do not bloom from propagation for 2-3 years. Luckily, this is a shorter duration compared to seed which is 10 years to flower from germination.

>>>Here<<<

Geo..

Comment

I absolutly love wisteria I lost a small one a couple of years ago cos i moved it to the front of the house where its a bit windy and can blow a gale, so I bought another one and its at the back of the house hope it does well.
      There is a pub near us and they have one that is huge.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

Thanks for the link Geo - very helpful. I dont mind waiting a few years since the plant is free in the first place and is just sooo gorgeous itll be worth it (if it grows - I'd say watch this space but you'd have to watch for a rather long time!!).

Jackie - yes, I love them too. Had one in a previous house around the front door, just beautiful!
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X