X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sowed cosmos, nigella, zinnia and ridolfia

Comment

Sowed a few seeds each of bergamot, impatiens, salvia farinacea, and dahlia. All old seed so may not grow.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Cut back some dead Evening Primrose stems still full of seeds so I sprinkled them in front of one of our walls.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

French marigolds and mixed sweet peas.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
            Sowed Begonias, Petunias, Mirabilis, Agastache, Pelargoniums and am chitting some old Sweet Pea seeds.
            Interested re your comment on chitting old sweet pea seeds. I am doing the same with my old seeds including saved perennial sweet pea seeds. I have come to the conclusion that just because the seeds chit they don't necessarily progress once potted!
            My sweet peas chitted nicely and so I sowed them into pots of sieved MPC with some vermiculite on top and so far only one has developed and that looks very feeble!
            Last edited by mrsbusy; 21-03-2023, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I sowed Phacelia directly onto my front garden which is a rose garden. It had rained that day. And every day since. I hope they have not been washed away! Can't sow directly in the back - the hens eat all the seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsbusy View Post

Interested re your comment on chitting old sweet pea seeds. I am doing the same with my old seeds including saved perennial sweet pea seeds. I have come to the conclusion that just because the seeds chit they don't necessarily progress once potted!
                My sweet peas chitted nicely and so I sowed them into pots of sieved MPC with some vermiculite on top and so far only one has developed and that looks very feeble!
                Sorry to hear that mrsbusy, they are fickle things aren't they! I've had that happen too, King Size Navy Blue did that to me last year.
                This year was a complete fluke, I let them get a good little length of root on before I potted them up (mainly becuase I didn't have time to do it before) and only one hasn't appeared. I also had them all inside until they started poking their heads up. They're now in the unheated GH.
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

On Sunday I sowed Linaria, Veronica, Salvia, Chystanthemum, Scabious and Liatris.
                  Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!

Comment

Sown the first of my nasturtium seeds outside in galvanised watering cans.

Comment

I’d forgotten about sowing my nasturtiums.
                      Must do that tomorrow.

Comment

Sowed some Rudbekia and Stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                          The verbena haven’t germinated so sowed some more. Might sow some cosmos today.
                          None of mine came up either, strange. Is your second sowing any better?
                          Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Nope. Might try it in a bigger tray, the wee pots dry out so quickly in the propagator. On the plus side the cosmos, zinnia and ridolfia have all appeared in the greenhouse.

Comment

Today's flowers.
                              Nasturtium, sunflowers, pansies and more French marigolds.

Comment

Just soaking some sweet peas. A bit late I know, but I’ve only just got the seed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X