Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sowed more French marigolds to add to the ones already up. Want a thicket of them under a rose that always gets whitefly.
    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I sowed tithonia, cornflower, nasturtiums, ammi majus, 3 lots of self saved hollyhocks, and both red and blue flax. Actually I mixed them in a dish and scattered them in all the bare patches in the border while it was raining yesterday, so they would be well watered down into the soil. They can either grow or do the other thing, whichever they choose.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Today I've gone through my flower seed box and had a mad sowing session of all the old seeds and open packs.
        I've sown borage, cerinthe, linaria, nemesia, mina lobata, campanula, aquilegia, clarkia, phlox, verbscum, dianthus and osteospermum.
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Still no show from my lemon verbena seeds. That is twice I’ve sown them now with no germination. Are they difficult to germinate ?

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
            Still no show from my lemon verbena seeds. That is twice I’ve sown them now with no germination. Are they difficult to germinate ?
            They need light to germinate, so only cover with vermiculite, or else a poly bag over the pot, and they do need heat too, 20C until they start to germinate.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Thanks I have had them in the propagator with a lid but covered with a little compost. Will resow again and put vermiculite on the top. On the plus side at leat my nicotiana have started to come through and signs of a tiny aquilegia seedling appearing after I had the seeds in the fridge for weeks the. Put into the propagator.

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                Today I've gone through my flower seed box and had a mad sowing session of all the old seeds and open packs.
                I've sown borage, cerinthe, linaria, nemesia, mina lobata, campanula, aquilegia, clarkia, phlox, verbscum, dianthus and osteospermum.
                What good inspiration for me, thank you, I'm going to do that too!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Sowed a pot of nasturtium seeds. They self seed on the allotment prolifically but at home not at all. Last year I sowed direct at home and got about 50%. This year it is far too wet (and chilly) outside for any direct sowing of flowers so they are all stuffed in the GH.

Comment

Sowed 4 pots of cheapest I could find sunflower seed and hoping they will race away as think I may be a bit late.
                    Intended for the birds if all goes well.

Comment

Soaking five varieties of ipomoea.
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                        Soaking five varieties of ipomoea.
                        I sowed a couple of pots of mixed colours this week. Didn't soak, and they are popping up already.

I already sowed some, red coloured and new to me. Have come up OK, but the true leaves on each plant apart from one are very pale, almost white. No idea what they are going to do, so second batch sown.
                        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Babru View Post

I sowed a couple of pots of mixed colours this week. Didn't soak, and they are popping up already.

I already sowed some, red coloured and new to me. Have come up OK, but the true leaves on each plant apart from one are very pale, almost white. No idea what they are going to do, so second batch sown.
                          I've never soaked before either, just happened to read the packet which advised it so thought I might as well.
                          How strange to have such pale leaves, hope they grow on ok regardless.

Comment

Tonight I've sown the pre-soaked ipomoea, nemesia (again as the first lot didn't germinate), sunflowers, wallflowers, hollyhocks, foxgloves, more tagetes, golden eye and agastache.

Comment

Today I have sown biennials. Sweet rocket, sweet william, pansy and Brompton stock.
                              Also taking cuttings of pinks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X