Jasmine flowers won't open

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jasmine flowers won't open

I have had this Jasmine for a couple of years but for some reason the flower heads are in a perpetual state of not opening for around 3 weeks. I have potted in new Compost and even taken it into the greenhouse on a sunny day to encourage it to open but closed they are staying. Why would this be?
    Last edited by Marb67; 28-02-2024, 02:59 PM.

They're just not ready yet, that's all.
    In my experience, jasmine flowers develop very slowly. I've found that the buds often first appear in the previous autumn, but do not open until spring.

Comment

You say in another thread you don't really have the central heating on. I suspect most of the problems you have with houseplants is simply the cold. Nearly all houseplants come from the tropics, where the temperature seldom dips below 20C and is mostly up around 25C to 30C. While some tropical plants will tolerate temps of 10C to 15C, they certainly will not thrive.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
        You say in another thread you don't really have the central heating on. I suspect most of the problems you have with houseplants is simply the cold. Nearly all houseplants come from the tropics, where the temperature seldom dips below 20C and is mostly up around 25C to 30C. While some tropical plants will tolerate temps of 10C to 15C, they certainly will not thrive.
        We have a coal and log fire in the evening but unfortunately we can't afford the central heating unless the odd burst for a few mins here and there. The house is also Victorian with no cavity.

I'll just wait like Ameno suggested until they are ready.

Thanks

Comment

They are starting to open 😎

Comment

Great news Marb!…they must have heard us talking about them
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse